9.12.2008

September 11, 2008


On my way to work this morning, I passed under this group of enthusiastic individuals taking part in some kind of rally/protest/promotion on a footbridge right before my exit. It was early and overcast, and I couldn't really read their signs from the unwashed windshield of my car. But, by the time I was much closer, I could see that they were protesting the current president, and trying to raise awareness about what information, they were claiming, the government is trying to keep from us.
Interestingly enough, it wasn't until that moment when I saw these protesters, at around 9:15 this morning, that I realized it was the 7 year anniversary of 9/11. I was initially disappointed in myself for forgetting such an important date, but then shifted my attention to this group of people who not only remembered, but made a point of "getting out there" and reminding others about it. Im not neccesarily supporting, specifically, what they were saying, but rather trying to support the fact that they believe in something enough to voice their opinion and try and inspire others to think more critically about something that we all dismiss as "a tragic event".

No comments: